While my life demands left-brain productivity, my right brain always seeks expression. I am a business consultant by day and an artist by heart. Art allows me the freedom to dissolve all borders, and explore with my imagination. So as a citizen of the earth, and a an amazing universe, I have made it my mission to gather world colors through my art.
I have previously exhibited in galleries in Phoenix and in New York. My art is in the permanent collection of the Phoenix Sheraton Downtown, and in several private collections.
As an artist, I choose to give expression to my creativity by incorporating a variety of styles and mediums with a focus on color and vibrance.
For example, the digital art creations are abstractions of photographs that I have taken of images that were drenched in color. These images were taken in museums, colorful bazaars half-way across the world, in churches, gardens and mid-city. Color is the key component and the various shapes of color create their own stories. The results are often surprising and enormously fun to create.
My Art Philosophy
I am motivated by the diversity of cultures, expressions, colors, shapes, life and the landscapes that cover our planet. In my artwork, I choose to celebrate the beauty, the hope and imagination. My work is an effort to enhance and honor with color, the lighter, deeper, and more positive side of the human experience.
1957 – Born, Roorkie, India. Currently resident of Glendale, Arizona since 1980.
- Thunderbird School of Global Management, Glendale, AZ. Master of International Management, 2000
- Arizona State University West, Phoenix: Master of Business Administration, 2000; Bachelor of Science, Marketing, 1996.
- Tuck School of Business at Dartmouth, NH: Executive Education, April 2006
Painting -Primarily self-taught artist through online courses with:
- 2018: Oil Painting Class with Julie Gilbert Pollard, Scottsdale Artists School
- 2017: Figurative Abstracts, Week-long course with Robert Burridge, Sedona Arts Center
- 2013: Daniel Edmondson Studio;
- 2013: Johannes Vloothius at F&W Arts;
- 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016: Richard Robinson;
- 2009: Virtual Art Academy – Barry John Raybauld;
- Jerry Yarnell School of Fine Art;
- 2018: Sculpting the Figure, January 15 - 19, with Vala Ola, Scottsdale Artists' School, Arizona
- 2017: Studied sculpture under JD Parrish, Scottsdale Artists School
- 2017: Studied sculpture under Jerry Cox, Scottsdale Artists School
- 2016: Sculpting, with Jodi Creager
- 2016: Fiber Clay Workshop with Joanie Wolter
Art Business Courses
- 2017: Crista Cloutier: The Working Artist Masterclass
- 2017: Art Biz Accelerator Course, with Art Biz Coach, Stanfield Art Associates
- 2016: How to Sell Your Art Online Course, Cory Huff
Currently, Director of the Phoenix MBDA Business Center.
- Northern Arizona University's College of Arts & Letters, April 9 -August 27, 2012: Solo exhibit.
- Mesa Performing Arts Center, May 14, 2011: Solo art exhibit at the “Partners in Recovery, Mind Matters” Dance Program featuring Dr. Padma M. Aking..
- Discover India Festival 2005: Held a solo exhibition at the Discover India Festival.
- Approach of Life Juried Invitational Wham West Gallery, December 1-30, 2017 at the Wham West Gallery, Surprise, Arizona. Selected piece was shown for an additional month.
- Phoenix Artists Guild, Fine Art Exhibit, November 30, 2017 to January 24, 2018.
- 4th Annual Surprise Invitational by the West Valley Arts Council (WVAC), a juried exhibit at the West Valley Arts HQ gallery, October 19 - December, 2017
- Phoenix Airport Museum (PAM) - Arizona Artists Guild’s (AAG) 90-Year Anniversary Exhibition (curated) on display in Terminal 4, Level 3 from October 28, 2017 through May 13, 2018.
- West Valley Arts Council’s (WVAC), 4th Annual Surprise Invitational, juried exhibit at the West Valley Arts HQ gallery. Oct. 19 - Dec. 20, 2017.
- Broadway Gallery, New York, March Show – Feb 25 To March 1, 2013: Featured in a full-page expose along with an artist's statement; Featured on Broadway Gallery’s website for a full year, receiving over one million page views a month; and, displayed three art pieces at the Broadway gallery, getting the same level of exposure as native New York artists.
- APS Art Gallery: Summer of 2007, part of an exhibit on India.
- Arizona State University -West Campus: “Temple Dance” on display currently.
- Shemer Art Gallery: Several works from the Journey Home series were selected for the exhibition titled “Around the World in 40 Days” in January 2007.
- Art Link’s Art Detour 2005: Participated in a group exhibition at the annual Art Detour in downtown Phoenix.
- Sheraton Downtown Phoenix 2008: Four paintings from the series “Urban Reflections” was purchased and is now on permanent display at the Sheraton Downtown Phoenix on the second floor.
- Discover India Festival 2007: Created a series of art depicting themes from India in a new and abstract manner. “Journey Home” was selected to be featured on all publicity fliers and as the cover of the brochure for the Discover India Festival 2007, held at Heritage Square, Phoenix.
- Discover India Festival 2006: “Temple Dance” was selected to be featured on all publicity fliers and as the cover of the brochure for the Discover India Festival 2006 held at Heritage Square, Phoenix.
- Discover India Festival 2005: “Discover India” was selected to be featured on all publicity fliers, and as the cover of the brochure for the festival. Another piece “Diwali Diyas” was used as the back cover.
- City of Phoenix Mayor’s Office: A framed image of “Discover India” was presented to the City of Phoenix Mayor, Phil Gordon and was on display in his office in 2006.
Currently, Director of the Phoenix MBDA Business Center.
- Arizona Artists Alliance
- Arizona Artists Guild
- Phoenix Artists Guild
- Executive Board Member, Metro Phoenix Export Alliance
- Board Member of India Association of Phoenix (2005, 2006, 2007).
- Member of Women Business Builders at the Glendale Public Library.
Collections (Original works in private collections)
- Sheraton Downtown Phoenix Hotel, Phoenix Arizona
- Mr. & Mrs. Bautista, Chicago, IL
- Mr. & Mrs. Saxena, Chicago, IL
- Madame. J. Le Rouzic, La Batie Roland, France
- Col. & Mrs. N. Kumar, New Delhi, India
- A. Kimbrough, Austria.
- D. Kattan, Phoenix, AZ, USA
- S. Godiwala, Phoenix AZ, USA
- B. Lal, Phoenix AZ, USA
- Mr. & Mrs. Bolte, AZ, USA
- Mr. & Mrs. Elliott, Phoenix AZ